Let me know

Is there any feature I should add? Add a comment on my new Chat Page

Fusion 360 mesh images

Date: 11th November 2017


These are the recently published STL ankle pieces by Gael on his website.  Unfortunately Gael has not published the mating gear head for the servo, I assume as the legs are not intended to work anyway.

However, I want to use the ankle movements for my InMoov HeadBot "neck" so I am going to motorize the mechanisms,  that's the plan anyway.  I wanted to work out the size of missing gear needed and the distances involved from the Servo drive column to the mating gear rim.

Fusion 360 allows you to import STL parts as meshes and align them together.   Plus its possible to download scaled Servo motor 3D files, in this case the Hitec HS-805BB. 

For the servo files register free at GrabCad.com and join their community.
Look here for the Hitec servo file

As you can see, it all assembles together very well.   I am not that experienced with Fusion 360 so this is as much a learning exercise as anything else.     

Still working on the mating gear assembly so will update next week hopefully, but its coming along.  The issue I find is securely attaching the gearing to the servo head, so modification to a servo horn is needed and then screwing that to the gear.   I have just been looking at various options available from ServoCity, a few possibilities there. Indeed, they actually sell gearing parts that may fit anyway.







The Gear Wheel design so far.  This is a modified gear part available as a free modelling addon to Fusion 360




Comments