Let me know

Is there any feature I should add? Add a comment on my new Chat Page

R2D2 doors and servos

I have fitted the Gripper and Interface arms with their two door panels, plus the two Utility Arms. 
I have attached and tested the servo mechanisms for all except the push-servos that actually operate the gripper/interface end.


Utility Arm servos and on the left the Gripper Arm servo mechanism
Close up of the servo mechanism.   The small servo push/pull mechanism is not yet connected up. 

The door opening servos, below



I am now also working on the Data and Charge Panel doors and their servo mechanisms
and finally - I am also printing the R2D2 Spool drawer set, below

I have been rearranging my workshop to create more space, but its rapidly filling up again, below


Comments

  1. COOL!
    Mine will have to be different because of the 2-3-2. Nice to see you are progressing though. And love the white paint! Can't wait to see the video!
    Spool draw? I'm curious about that one! Thingiverse?
    Workshop... gee, I know the feeling! And I know those cases too, I've got 2 of them filled with hardware for my R2 now. Dad is currently monopolizing the work bench though. (he got 9 models for Christmas, 5 from me, and he's down to 7 already) He leaves for AZ on Wednesday got 5 days and I'm counting down the days. :)
    I've made minor progress with the dome innards. You might want to check them out again. I printed the buttons and started assembling them and the base. I'm hoping to get the innards done sometime this century. :P
    Looking good though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still working on getting all the doors and arms to work nicely, nearly there. All being videoed but wont put out a video until it all works correctly. Main problem is with the Charge Port and Data doors - got them working but a bit unreliable at the moment.

      Delete
  2. Okay, that spool drawer is driving me nuts! I can't find it! Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year!
      The original spool drawers are thingiverse thing:2141153 by ElmoC and Michael tweaked them as an R2D2 in his Patreon_Public/Custom/R2Drawer folder

      Delete
  3. Fiddly bits, it always comes down to fiddly bits. I got a little droid time in yesterday after getting my 2 chapter quota in. I wired the LEDs for the zapper and the burnt motivator. I'm hoping to get more time in today, we'll see.
    I can't wait to see the videos! Have you started to work on the light kits for the body too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to redo all the electronics board as I took it apart as I was not happy with it. So basically the R2 is all done apart from electronics and a few servo tweaks. I am going to forget about the hinges and just have a larger electronics board. Haven't thought about the lights yet. I will program it all up at some point so R2 will talk and receive verbal commands [like my InMoov].

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment